The Red Devils manager sees his side coping well without the forward, who has been linked with a move to Inter
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is impressed with how Manchester United are performing without the injured Romelu Lukaku.
The Belgium international is yet to feature for United in pre-season, with Solskjaer citing fitness issues for his continued absence from the team.
Lukaku missed United’s 1-0 International Champions Cup win over Inter on Saturday, with reports circulating before kick-off that the Serie A side had seen a £54 million (€60m/$68m) bid turned down for the 26-year-old.
Earlier in the week, Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta declared that he was “optimistic” that his side would eventually land the Belgian striker.
Click Here: kanken kids cheap
With Lukaku sidelined, 17-year-old Mason Greenwood scored the decisive goal against Antonio Conte’s men and Solskjaer says he is pleased with how his side is shaping up ahead of the 2019-20 campaign.
“I think we have done really well without Romelu, but we all know he is one of the top, top strikers in the world,” he told a media conference.
“We played a different way, maybe, with Anthony [Martial], Marcus [Rashford] and Mason.
“As a coach you adapt to the players that are available. We’re looking forward to the game against Tottenham [on Thursday] and let’s see who is available for that game.”
Solskjaer was unable to put a timescale on Lukaku’s return to fitness and says the striker will be “concerned” about his lack of time on the pitch.
“If you’re a player and you don’t manage to train for a week, and he’s missed three games now, I think he’ll be concerned,” the manager added.
“He’s working to get back on the pitch and we’ll see how long that takes.”